Monday, January 8, 2018

OBAJ 2017 more pages

Hi there!
I'm popping in to show a couple more pages I created in my
One Badass Art Journal 2017.
(Yes, I'm still trying to finish it up. 2017 really sucked)
But I've signed up for this year's classes, so now
I'm really motivated to finish this one.

Here is week 9 taught by Amanda Trought:

 We were supposed to alter a few large playing cards. I didn't want to
buy a pack just for a few cards, so I cut mine from some
recycled chipboard.

 first layers. Sorry got into the process and forgot to take
more pictures.

 We were supposed to paint a face onto the card, but I suck at
faces, so I stamped face images onto tissue paper.

 adhered and colored with Spectrum Noir markers. Lightly gesso'd
around face and where my hair would go.

painted the background, then added some stamped handwriting

 blue hair? yes please! added more highlights with
a white marker and wrote my words - to - self.
On backside I've written a private, encouraging message
to myself.

we were prompted to recycle an old envelope for the pocket,
but since I recycled all my junk mail, I just created it
from some scrap cardstock.

 all the leftover paint was wiped off randomly on
my page and the pocket. Pocket was glued down
and I added some additional text and washi tape.
Ta-da!

The card fits into the pocket.

This class was very tough for me. I think I worked on this page on and off for
over 1-1/2 months. It was the face. But once I got the idea of using face stamps, I
finally finished it. And I'm glad that I did.

Next is week 10 taught by Tiare Smith.
I started, and finished this yesterday.
I was so engrossed in making the pages, that I 
completely forgot to take process pics, so
here are the finished pages and a couple close-ups:



I gifted myself for Christmas the 24 pack of Derwent Inktense blocks, and boy
were they fun to play with!! I found some ancient vellum that had
quotes printed on them so I used that with torn 
book pages for my first layer. 
The quote I used around the edge of the pages read:

"Most people never run far enough on their first wind to find out
they've got a second. Give your dreams all you've got and
you'll be amazed at the energy that comes out of you."
- William James

Words I hope to remember to keep inspiring me. (That will be tough
with my C.R.S. *can't remember shit!* HA HA HA!)

Congratulations, you've made it to the end of this post!
With the weather about to 'gift' us with freezing rain any moment now,
I think I'll go up to my craft room and have some more fun playing
with those Inktense blocks. LOL!
Thanks for visiting, and I hope you have a great day!



Supplies
Week 9:
recycled cardboard
Fiskars corner rounder
Golden Gesso & Matt Medium
torn book paper, tissue paper, paper napkin
various paint brushes
Simon Say Stamp - zig zag stencil
STAMPlorations - gridlocked stencil
Dreamweaver - embossing paste
Deco Art Americana acrylic paints - desert turquoise, green tree, tangerine, berry red, irish moss, purple pizzazz, bluegrass green, indian turquoise, dark chocolate, khaki tan, marigold, ultra blue deep, blue harbor (I did 2 of 3 cards so some of these colors are on the other one)
water mister
Diane Davenport - face stamps
Spectrum Noir markers
STAMPlorations - Mixed Media Elements stamp
Staz On - jet black, blue hawaii
Sakura - white Gelly Roll pen
Faber Castell - medium and bold black Artist PITT pens
Recollections - washi tape
Elmer's extra strength glue stick

Week 10:
Golden Gesso & Matt Medium
mystery quote on vellum
torn book page
various paint brushes
Derwent Inktense blocks
Faber Castell - medium and bold Artist PITT pens
Dylusions - white linen paint pen

1 comment:

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading them!

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.