Saturday, November 26, 2016

SISTERHOOD OF SNARKY STAMPERS #73 - U is for UFO (Unfinished Objects)



Hello snarky peeps and welcome! Our new challenge at the SISTERHOOD OF SNARKY STAMPERS is called U for UFO - UnFinished Objects. That's right, time to look on your desk or work tables at all those bits and pieces of stuff laying around, neglected, and finally USE them! Got paper scraps? Dies you cut but decided not to use? Images stamped but yet to be colored? Here's the perfect challenge to find them a home on a card or project! I have a couple piles of unloved stuff on my desk: a container of paper scraps, off cuts, stamped images and dies I cut but didn't use, etc. I also have a container of panels I made with various inks/paints/powders and die cut panels I never used.

See?

It's pathetic, I know. So I riffled through the bits and pieces, and found a snippet of gold glitter paper and a die cut oval from red card stock. I found the back panel in the other container. So that's 3 things I used for my card:


 here's the inside:

Can you believe I've had that sentiment stamp for about a year, and I think this is the first time using it?! What is wrong with me! LOL! I die cut a smaller oval for the sentiment and colored the holly with Prisma Color pencils. Found some holly stickers in my Christmas stash and added them to the corners, stamped the inside sentiment and my card was done! 

Now it's your turn! You know you have a pile (or two, or three) of unused stuff taking up space on your desk. Now's the perfect time to use some of it! Just remember to tell us what those UFO's are and link up at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers! For more inspiration, please do visit the blogs of my Sisters and our newest Guest Designer, Sue, and leave them some bloggy lovin! Thanks for visiting, and I hope you have a great day!


I'd like to enter this at Time Out Challenges #71 Christmas with glitter/shimmer












Supplies:
Stamps: Riley & Co. - Deck the halls; Hero Arts - Merry Christmas
Ink: Memento - Tuxedo Black
DP: scraps
CS: Bazzill, scraps
Accessories: GC; Sm. Classic Oval Nestie; Prisma Color pencils; Cloud 9 Designs - epoxy holly stickers; sharpie pen
Adhesives: SA by 3L - tape runner, 3D & Thin 3D foam squares

9 comments:

  1. Excellent! Such a funny 'sentiment' and a fabulous card, Chris. I have a very small stash of UFOs... I wonder what that says about my personality??? Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would be the perfect sign for our Holiday dinners lol. Great job with the challenge Chris.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How have you NOT used that stamp before????
    LOL
    It's effin festively perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun sentiment and love the glitter strip. Thanks for joining us at TIME Out

    ReplyDelete
  5. So fun, Chris ... and so deliciously sparkly! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Time Out! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it's great that you keep all those leftover bits, and keep them so organized, too. This is awesome! Great classic design with a pop of snark! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. hehe, I can think of a few Christmases I could have used that advice! I'm amazed at how tidy your UFOS are - you must be able to actually FIND stuff among them, something I've not quite mastered yet
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do have trouble believing you didn't use this sentiment stamp the minute you got it home! Nicely done on the UFO using, too! Very pretty to offset the delightful snark. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE that sentiment-appropriate at our house! *giggles*

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading them!

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.