Tuesday, November 15, 2016

SHOPPING OUR STASH #278 - Front and Center



Welcome friends! We have a new challenge starting today at SHOPPING OUR STASH - Front and Center. What the heck does that mean? Well, we all have bits and pieces of crafty things on our desks/tables that we started to use, then didn't. So those things are just sitting there, staring you in the face, looking forlorn, begging to be put to good use! Here's your chance. That is what we challenge you to do - to finally use those things! (Just remember to tell us what those things are! LOL!) Here's the card that I made:


 here's the inside:

So, these are the things on my desk that I finally used: I made that background panel 2 years ago, using Jessi's Faux Faux Patina tutorial. I made 4 panels total, one I used here, and another one here. I still have one more to use. (she says shaking her head) I also had three of those frames already die cut (I used the inserts on other projects), and lastly, I had the sentiment die cut in red card stock, but never used. I simply cut one more from red card stock and another one from foil stock. those were stacked and glued over the back panel. I used a tiny red rhinestone for the dot on the 'i' in the word Christmas, because there was no way I was going to try and glue three of those dots together! (Plus, I threw them out, so...) Another stamped sentiment finished the inside. 

 (shimmery/foil paper is really hard to photograph. Here's another angle)

So, got a bunch of unused, discarded items on your desk? (You know you do) Here's the perfect time to use them! Be sure to link up your card or project at Shopping Our Stash so we can see it. (and again, please tell us what the items on your desk/table are!) Looking for more inspiration? Then please visit the blogs of my teammates and our Guest Designer, Cornelia, and leave them some crafty love! 

Just a reminder: We are looking for Guest Designers! If you'd like to be considered for December, simply add a "DT" after your name when you link up! Super easy! 

Thanks for visiting, and I hope you have a great day!


Supplies:
Stamps: Paper Smooches - Christmas Sampler
Ink: Memento - Lady Bug
DP: DCWV - Foil Stack
CS: Darice
Accessories: GC; Paper Smooches - Christmas Words dies; Simon Says Stamp - frames; panel made 2 years ago; Recollections - rhinestone
Adhesives: Scotch - Scrapbooker's glue; SA by 3L - tape runner


7 comments:

  1. This is such a great challenge idea! Love your card! That faux background technique is super cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that background, I still haven't tried Jessi's technique...one day. Your card is simple but so effective with the bold red sentiment AWESOME.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful Christmas card! I am glad you had this theme - got rid of some shtuff on my desk - probably could do 10 more cards.... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great challenge... loved it, thank you! Nope, the i-dots never survive. Casualties. The rhinestone looks perfect through.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, maybe one or two (dozen...) — great challenge and your card is beautiful! I have yet to be successful with the faux faux patina technique, so that's awesome that you are four for four!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh wow, massive bonus points to you for making something FAB using pretty much ONLY leftovers! yowza!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely gorgeous panels of shiny patina colors!! And the red foil die cut just pops with that lovely blue panel behind it.
    Amazing cards using discarded pieces you kept for so long. I too save the outsides of frame die cuts, I could never throw them away.
    Beautifully done!!
    Hugs,
    Maria.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading them!

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.