Saturday, April 16, 2016

SISTERHOOD OF SNARKY STAMPERS #57 E is for Embossing



Hello crafty peeps! Edna is looking kinda scary all embossed and all, eh? Which happens to be the new challenge at the SISTERHOOD OF SNARKY STAMPERS! We want to see your embossing techniques! I was under the gun, and so did a very easy technique: I used a q-tip and white ink to age the embossed gears on my background and also to make them stand out more:


 the inside:


Super simple and snarky. Gotta love that! LOL! Now it's your turn to wow us with your embossing techniques. Just link up your card or project at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers so we can enjoy your creative genius. While there, please do check out what my Sisters, and our newest Queen of Snark and Guest Designer, Jane, created for your viewing pleasure! Thanks for visiting, now go forth and get your craft on!


Supplies:
Stamps: Riley & Co.; Paper Smooches - Happy Birthday
Ink: Memento - Tuxedo Black; Colorbox - Frost White; Ranger DI - Walnut Stain
CS: Darice
Accessories: GC; TH/Sizzix - Steampunk EF; Cuttlebug - Labels & Such die; q-tip
Adhesives: SA by 3L - tape runner, thin 3D foam squares

11 comments:

  1. Simple and snarky and loving it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you made the gears stand out more. Great job and nice sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously.. A Q-tip??? I never even thought of that.... You are the Queen of card techniques and I love love love copying YOU! Great card Sistaaah!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He he he you said EH (as a Canadian I appreciate that!)
    I love that EF and the q-tip is a fab idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yup, oh, yeah, that's me!! Love, love, love this, Chrispy!! Enjoy your day! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  6. Did you make this card for me???? I'm VERY old, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  7. My kind of snark... CAS and direct! ;) I don't remember it saying it couldn't be an easy embossing technique — and adding the white is so effective! Nicely done, sistah.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, perfectly simple and snarky! That sentiment makes me laugh. And I think the aged gears are so perfect for this!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh, this is brilliant! I love that this is an actual stamp LOL. Great work on the background. I pinned your card to my "inspiration" board, hope that's OK. Best, CG

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading them!

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.