Saturday, January 30, 2016

JUST US GIRLS #328 - Wild Card Week


Hello and welcome crafty peeps! I'm hosting this week at JUST US GIRLS, and I thought a Tic Tac Toe challenge was in order for Wild Card Week! Just let us know which column or row you picked!

For my card, I chose the middle column: Die cuts/stamps/flowers:


 Here is the inside. I made this a birthday card:


I'm so sick of seeing piles of snow, I needed to make something beachy! I die cut the frame, and then a slightly smaller piece of glossy card stock to fit behind it. I stamped the palm trees, and again onto a scrap of typing paper, fussy cut, and adhered with repositional tape to mask the original trees. I cut a hill from some more scrap paper, and using both sides, one at a time, sponged the sky, the hill, and the ocean using Distress Inks.


After coloring the palm trees, I die cut the sun and a strip from the same patterned paper, adhered them, then glued the frame over it. I stamped the bird, and added white caps to the ocean by first using a white gel pen, then going over the lines with Diamond Stickles. Then it was just a matter of adhering the frame to my card and sticking the flowers on. You can't tell in the photo above, but the flowers also came with sparkle already on them. Bonus!

I hope you find time to play along this week for our Tic Tac Toe challenge at Just Us Girls! Since this is the last Saturday of the month, it's our Guest Designer's, Vicki and Deepti's last challenge. I'd like to thank them so much for designing with us! You are both so amazingly talented and I hope to see you playing along in our future challenges! 

Remember, that if you are picked as Chic of the Week for any of our January challenges, you'll be in the running to be our Guest Designer for the month of March! Good luck and happy crafting! Thanks for visiting!



I'd like to enter this at:
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge:  Anything Goes














Supplies:
Stamps: Paper Smooches - Get Outta Town; Stampendous - Birthday Wish
Ink: Memento - Tuxedo Black; Ranger DI - Tumbled Glass, Broken China, Salty Ocean, Mermaid Lagoon, Scattered Straw, Antique Linen
DP: American Crafts - #Summer; HOTP
CS: Darice; Crafter's Companion
Accessories: GC; Simon Says Stamp - Hello Sunshine frame dies; Spectrum Noir markers; Sandylion - dimensional flower stickers; Sakura - white Gelly Roll pen; Ranger - Diamond Stickles
Adhesives: SA by 3L - tape runner, Thin 3D foam squares; Scotch - Scrapbooker's glue

11 comments:

  1. What a absolutely amazing tropical scene here Chris!! I love your masked Polaroid photo and I sure am wishing I'm there too!! LOL!! I love your die cut sentiment and your popped up flowers look amazing!! Thanks for having me along with you this month at JUGS! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a day-lifter, Chris! Love the bright happy colors - this card reminds me of being in Florida! thanks for sharing it with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhhhh fab beachy scene sistah! Lordy how I ache to see some palm trees (and we don't even have any snow!!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a terrific card! Really loving the beach scene you created! Well done AGAIN!

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I saw this card, I thought, yep, Chris is channeling the tropics to combat Snowmageddon! It's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous fun and colourful card, I love the summery theme!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a fun and happy card! Makes me want to head to the beach....love the bright colors!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a fun and happy card! Makes me want to head to the beach....love the bright colors!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so cool! Love that fun background and the photo scene Great challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I bet you enjoyed making this super sunny colourful card Chris. Love it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading them!

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.