Tuesday, December 15, 2015

SHOPPING OUR STASH #231 - Let It Snow


Hello and good morning crafty peeps. It's a new challenge at SHOPPING OUR STASH. This week it's all about snow: snowmen, snowflakes, snow covered hills. You get my drift. (See what I just did there?) Here's my card:


 Here is the inside:

I've used this snowflake frame only once before. I really need to use it more, as it's gorgeous! I didn't want to cover it up so I stamped and heat embossed the sentiment with a glittery embossing powder onto vellum. It's supposed to lay flat but, with my crack card making skillz, it's kind of wavy. (I've since fixed it, but was too lazy to retake a picture. wink)

Now it's your turn. You know you have snowflake/snowmen stamps and dies. Break those puppies out and create something with them, and then link up at Shopping Our Stash so we can see it! Please do check out what my teammies made and leave them some bloggy love! Thanks for visiting and I hope you have a great day!



Supplies:
Stamps: STAMPlorations - Christmas Bell Medley; Hero Arts - Merry Christmas Message
Ink: VersaMark; Memento - Lady Bug
DP: Basic Grey - Figgy Pudding
CS: Bazzill; Darice
Accessories: GC; Memory Box - Scattered Snowflakes Frame; Whispers - red glitter EP; heat gun; Recollections - vellum; Nicole - rhinestones
Adhesives: SA by 3L - tape runner; Scotch - Scrapbooker's glue, Vellum tape

9 comments:

  1. I LOVE the pop of red on this card. And yeah, pesky vellum. I rarely re-take photos - smells like work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a very talented little sister!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a very talented little sister!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your frame is gorgeous and the color palette for this card is outstanding! Love the interior, too! Nicely done, Chris!
    Hugz,
    Chana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it, the white and blue and pop of red...with the vellum...just awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah yes, vellum + heat embossing tends to equal wavy panels. (Did one myself just this morning!) And yes, you really should use that frame more, because WOW! Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card, Chris! I love the sparkly centers in your pretty snowflakes! Such soft colors with a gorgeous splash of red! hugs, de {Creative Smiles}

    ReplyDelete
  8. I believe I do get your drift... haha! Beautiful snowy card, my friend! Love that snowflake frame die cut. It really is too pretty to cover up, so your vellum sentiment strip is absolutely perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Had to stop by to tell you that I love your card...it's so elegant! Happy Holidays to you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading them!

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.