Wednesday, June 24, 2015

A rose is a rose is a rose....

Hello and happy Wednesday crafty peeps! I made a card using a stamp that saw ink for the first time (YAY!) and also used some hoarded washi tape. (Or, as my friend calls it, wasabi tape!)


 here's the inside:

Some fussy cutting for the roses and popped up on different levels with foam squares. (although from the angle I took the picture, you cant' tell.) I ripped strips of washi tape and added them directly to the base on an angle, then die cut the wavy line from the top panel. Some rhinestone finish it off. This was a fun card to make, and I think I may use this sketch again in the future! 

Ok, got to go and walk the fur baby now. ☺ Have a great day!

I'd like to enter this card at:



Supplies:
Stamps: Unity stamps - March 2012 KOM
Ink: Memento - Tuxedo Black, Gray Flannel
CS: Bazzill, Darice; scraps
Accessories: Darice/Recollections/Queen & Co - washi tape; Paper Smooches - Borders 1 die; Hampton Arts - rhinestones
Adhesives: SA by 3L - tape runner, 3D & thin 3D foam squares; Elmer's extra strength glue stick

7 comments:

  1. Both Stunning cards Chris, fab CAS designs and so clever with the washi tape on the first card it looks so effective! :) Donna ♥ x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you used the washi tape, how on earth long did that take? Fabulous card inside and out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! And I thought I recognized that sketch. ;) So glad you payed along!
    (How is fur baby doing?)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very nice use of washi! Great colors too! Thanks for linking up at STAMPlorations:)

      Delete
  5. Love the wavy panel and a fab use of the washi tape.
    Thanks for sharing with us at STAMPlorations. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely love that curved cut-away that you layered with wasabi tape... I mean washi tape! ;) Seriously, that is SO eye catching and fun! Love the flowers, too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading them!

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.