Tuesday, February 24, 2015

SHOPPING OUR STASH #190 - From a Jar


Hello and welcome to another fun challenge at SHOPPING OUR STASH! As that catchy title suggests, we'd like you to A.) use anything that came from a jar (flower soft, glitter, perfect pearls, embossing powder, etc.), or B.) use a jar image, or C.) decorate a jar! The choice is yours. I chose to use a jar image on my card:



I saw a card that Heidi Van Laar made (her blog is no longer there so I can't link it, but Google her name and check out her Pinterest cards. It's there) and that I felt compelled to case...with my own spin on it. I took a scrap of felt, dabbed it on the Frost White ink pad and smeared it on my blue panel. I stamped the jar over that. I did some second generation stamping with one of the shadows and stamped that onto the strip of checkered paper, then stamped the jar again onto to that. (as if it's sitting on a picnic table!) I stamped the firefly a couple times. The last one I did some stamp kissing so I could get a mirrored image. Using Prismacolor pencils, I colored in the firefly's butts ☺ and did some shading/highlighting on the jar. Even added some Stickles to the wings because glitter! A couple sentiments and I was done. Oh, I forgot to get a picture of the inside, but there's a Happy Birthday sentiment on it.

I hope you get the chance to play along this week at Shopping Our Stash! We'd love to see what you created! Please take a moment to check out what my teammates came up with to inspire you - they are awesome! Thanks for stopping by!


Supplies:
Stamps: Paper Smooches - Crystal Clear, Shadows, Happy Birthday
Ink: Memento - Tuxedo Black; Clearsnap - Frost White
DP: WRMK - Family Keepsake
CS: Darice
Accessories: Prismacolor pencils; Fiskars - corner rounder; Ranger - Crystal Stickles; scrap of felt
Adhesives: SA by 3L - tape runner


8 comments:

  1. Super card! I'm impressed with the mirror stamping; I can never get that to work for me. And you said butt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. how could anyone NOT love an awesome card featuring a jar full of fireflies??!!?!?! totally making me feel like summer over here, even tho it's *6* degrees!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is awesome! I'm with Leslie, mirror stamping and me don't seem to work so well together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute card, wtg doing a mirror image. You achieved the jar on a picnic table good for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a serious soft spot for the nostalgia of mason jars, so this little cutie absolutely warms my heart! What a sweet and fun use for the jar image! LOVE those little fireflies. You did an amazing job creating the warm glow effect, and I adore the little checkered table cloth, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this mirror stamping technique. Love your fireflies and the glow you achieved. Happy day to you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. He he he I love the jar and I LOVE the fireflies and their glowy butts!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Firefly butts! lol! I really love the way the jar is glowing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading them!

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.