Saturday, January 24, 2015

JUST US GIRLS #277 Photo Week!




 


 Hello and good morning crafty peeps! I'm the hostess with the mostest this week at JUST US GIRLS! It's Photo Week, and since Valentine's Day is just around the corner, I found this super cute image to inspire you! Here's the card I came up with:


 Here's the inside:

I thought I'd make a round card just to mix things up a bit. I found an older Mojo Monday sketch (#317) to work from, and just had fun mixing papers, and using new (to me) items: the grand scalloped circle & heart Nesties, the heart embossing folder, and that sentiment stamp (that I've had for a couple years but just now got around to inking up). I didn't have any in between heart dies for the black mats, so I traced the dies I used and fussy cut them out. (because I'm crazy like that) Oh, and when I opened my bag-o-sequins, it somehow fell out of my hand and those little buggers went EVERYWHERE! Fun times here in the ol' craft cave, I tell ya. ;) 

I hope that you get a chance to play along this week at Just Us Girls! Please check out the incredible creations of my uber talented teammates, and our Guest Designer, Judy Woodland. Remember, if you are picked as Chic of the Week for any of the January challenges, you'll be in the running to be our Guest Designer for the month of March! Good luck and can't wait to see what you create! Thanks for stopping by!


Supplies
Stamps: Unity - January 2013 KOM ; Hero Arts - Celebrate Everyday
Ink: Memento - Lady Bug
DP: Echo Park - Happy Days
CS: Darice
Accessories: GC; Grand Scalloped Circles & Grand Circles Nesties; Classic Scalloped Hearts Nesties; Darice - layered heart background EF; Nicole - sequins; ribbon from my stash
Adhesives: SA by 3L - tape runner and foam squares; Recollections - red tape; Ranger - Glossy Accents







15 comments:

  1. I love all of the patterns and the way you layered the hearts and sentiment! Very cool with the shaped card. Love the photo you chose for our challenge and you really rocked it with this card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the choice of patterned paper on this card. Cool shape of the card too. Great challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous use of patterns - great inspire photo too

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh boy there was some drama involved in the making of this card! LOL! Great photo and great card too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love shaped cards and this is fabulous with all the different DP shapes bling and such a lovely sentiment. Great colour inspiration colours and photo Chris.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is the sweetest Valentine card. I love all the patterns and the dark chocolate paper is perfect. Reflects the photo so well. Great photo challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card! Love the shape, those sweet hearts and the bling. Fun challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card! Love the shape, those sweet hearts and the bling. Fun challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great photo Chris and super card... Bet you had fun picking up those sequins! Enjoy your Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loved your sweet card with all of its hearts! So inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog! I like your card very much, and I particularly like that you created a round card. You've inspired me!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Let's see... you found a great inspiration pic, than made an awesome shaped card for further inspiration? You're definitely into craft goddess territory.
    And I too have done the die tracing for mats as well as managing to dump sequins. :P

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loving the round shape here! And such pretty layered hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm starting to think ABby likes being covered in craft supplies, because she always manages to be at my feet during crafty malfunctions like that :)
    This is super sweet & I love your crazy fussy cutting :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading them!

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.