Sunday, August 24, 2014

Spooky....but oh so cute!

* For my SISTERHOOD OF SNARKY STAMPERS post, click HERE, or simply keep scrolling! 


Hello peeps! I have a card to share with you all that I made using sketch #27, the last one (*sniff, sniff*) from Seize the Sketch. Lesley, the creator of the challenge blog, has decided to discontinue the blog. I haz a sad. But not to worry, she has her crafty irons in other fires, so to speak, so you will see her around the blogosphere. ☺  So, onto my card:


 the inside:


I decided to do the faux cracked glass technique on these images. I've done it only once before, and ironically, I used this same Frankie stamp to make it. I literally had just enough clear embossing powder to put 4 coats on each picture. (There's a shopping trip in my near future!)

 (Frankie and his bride are so stinkin' cute!)

(Ooh, shiny!)

For the star element on the sketch, I used a pompom spider sticker. I broke out the ol' Slice machine for the orange label, punched holes in each side, and strung baker's twine through them, taping the ends on the back side of the panel. Both 'picture frames' and the label are popped up using thin 3D foam squares. (They are half the thickness of the regular foam squares, and give just a hint of elevation off the top of the card. Love 'em!)

I hope you get the chance to play along with this last challenge. It's a great sketch!


Ok, that's all for now. Time to start my day, since I finished my tea. ☺ I hope you have a great day today, and thanks for stopping by!

Chris
Supplies:
Stamps: Craft Smart - Frankie and Bride; Cloud 9 Designs - Halloween
Ink: Memento - Tuxedo Black; Ranger DI - Vintage Photo
DP: G45 - An Eerie Tale
CS: Recollections; Copic X-Press It
Accessories: Spectrum Noir markers; Grand Calibur, Deckled Rectangle Nesties; Stampendous - clear EP; Slice die cutting machine & Vintage Findings cartridge; Doodlebug twine; Jolee's Boutique - spider embellie; heat gun
Adhesives: SA by 3L - MyStik permanent, 3D foam squares; Recollections - red tape

7 comments:

  1. Oh my...this is just oh so cute! I love your adorable little monster people, so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great project! It made me smile. Thanks for the kind comment you left at mine x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha, they are adorable! You know I love me some Halloween! Love the cracked glass effect you used!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these two stamps and how you've coloured them perfectly! So awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha! This is so cute, in a spooky kind of way of course. ;)

    Thanks so much for playing with our last (sniff, sniff) Seize The Sketch. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am in LOVE with this! The cracked glass is too perfect for a Halloween card. (Hey, fun tip? If you have Mod Podge Dimensional Magic, you can do the cracked glass technique with it too. I imagine Glossy Accents would work too if that's what you've got. Takes a while to dry but BOOM crackle r us!)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading them!

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.