Saturday, March 22, 2014

Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers #4: F is for Fancy Fold

Hey there and good morning to you all! It's time for another fun challenge with the SISTERHOOD OF SNARKY STAMPERS! For the next two weeks, the alphabet soup letter is F for Fancy Fold!



(No, not that other F word! LOL!) We want to see you step outside your A2 sized comfort zone and make a fancy fold card! Yes, this was scary to me. I like my A2 sized comfort zone just fine, thank you very much. But I also like a good challenge, so off I went to Googleland and checked out various video tutorials. I picked one that was not very elaborate. (I can't cut square and exact. What makes me think I can fold square and exact!) Here's what I came up with:

(cue 2001 a space odyssey monolith music here) 
 da, da, daaaaaa
 DA DAAAAAAAAA!!!!!
(Yep, I'm a total Sci-Fi nerd! LOL!)

My card is based off of this video. It's simple, but that was the point. I admit it, I was afraid to get all technical with the fancy fold. And I'm not kidding about not being able to cut square. Look at my card in the first picture. Right above the image, there is a slight gap. Now glance down to where it's sitting in the frog. The sides are overlapping!! Yeah, perfection? We don't get that here. LOL! Anyhooo, I of course, put a little snark into my card (Duh!), as in, the inside sentiment. I love that you can just see she's thinking it! LOL! Then I had to make a big mess of this and add those bubble-like stickers. (Cuz I HAD to add something else to this!) Ugh. Oh well. I was thinking, bubbles go with the bathing beauty picture, so I went with it. 

So there you have it. Want to get your fancy fold on? Then join us at the SISTERHOOD OF SNARKY STAMPERS, make a fancy fold card and link it to us, so that we may bask in your genius! LOL! And please go check out what my Snarky Sistahs made too. You. Will. Be. Blown. AWAY!! No lie! Thanks for stopping by and have a fantastic day!

Chris
Supplies:
Stamps: Dylusions - Say it how it is
Ink: Memento - Teal Zeal
DP: Echo Park - Metropolitan Dots & Stripes; G45 - On the Boardwalk
CS: scraps
Accessories: Grand Calibur; Classic Ovals sma & lg Nesties; Martha Stewart scoring tool; Momenta - bubble stickers
Adhesive: SA by 3L - MyStik permanent, 3D foam squares

14 comments:

  1. Awesome, love, love the snark. great vintage image. Quit pointing things out, I had trouble finding them. lol. super fold.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfection is sooooo over rated, I like my cards with a bit of wonkiness to them!
    Love the fancy fold you used and the image and sentiment are awesome! Add me to the list of people that want that stamp set!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! Now I'm thinking ... not clearly, mind you, but thinking ... I might play!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't cut a square either. I blame my paper trimmer. I must need a new one! Your card is fun, great fold. The image with the sentiment are perfect together. You have achieved perfection here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, I think it's perfect! Love the fold, the image, and that fab sentiment. And I think the bubbles are great addition. I keep saying it's my multi focal lenses that make me f' up the squares so this looks right on the money to me. And I actually did have the 2001 music playing in my head as it unfolded. Brilliant! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  6. Who needs perfection? You did great. Love the card and sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love this card! The sentiment inside is perfect for the image, and the suggestion is left to the reader's own thoughts! Beautiful folds too - I may have to try making one of these :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. If your cutting and folding were perfect, we'd think you cheated and bought it! Love this, Chris, including the bubbles... and we definitely need a class set of that sentiment set!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMGosh, you totally make me laugh!~ I was SO humming along to that music as you unfolded your card! Haha! This turned out great, my friend! I am with you... I am perfectly happy in my little A2 comfort zone...but you nailed this fancy fold! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. THIS IS NUTS! I love it - and omg, if we do alphabet challenges again, we totally have to do the other f word. Our fans will expect no less :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Freaky? Funky? Frumpy? Forggish?

      Just what F word is Jessi thinking?

      Oh! THAT F word...... fondue.

      Delete
    2. Actually, it's fellatio...! Buahahaha!

      Delete
  11. I like the bubbles on your card for some added zing. Love your choice of fold card too and your image and the inside greeting. The possibilities ARE endless!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading them!

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.